Home Staging FAQ's and Information
What is home staging?
Home staging is the act of preparing a private residence for sale in the real estate marketplace. The goal of staging is to make a home appealing to the highest number of potential buyers, thereby selling a property more swiftly and for more money. Staging techniques focus on improving a property's appeal by transforming it into a welcoming, attractive product that anyone might want. See wikipedia.org
Why should I have my home staged?
• Creates a lasting first impression
• Gives your home the WOW factor
• Home staging costs less that your first price reduction from failure to sell or meet your sales deadlines
• Professionally staged homes maximise your sale price
• Professionally staged homes SELL faster
• Home staging will enhance the positives and minimise the negatives of your home
Does having my home staged guarantee that my home will sell?
Staging doesn't guarantee your home will sell, but it does give it a better chance. When you put your home on the market, you have entered it into a beauty contest. The most beautiful homes are the most desirable and usually sell the fastest. Staging will maximize the home's appeal to as many buyers as possible. The more appealing your home is, the more likely it will sell. Read this about how to help your home sell.
Who pays for home staging?
In most instances, the homeowner pays for staging their home. The homeowner is the one that stands to benefit the most if the home sells quickly or for more money. Statistics show that staged homes are more likely to sell faster and are often sold for $15,000 or more above the asking price.
How long does staging take?
The physical act of staging, when you work with us, typically takes less than 2 days.
When should I stage my home?
You should stage your home before listing it on the market. Once your home has been staged it will photograph better, thereby looking better in marketing & brochure photos. It is estimated that up to 80% of potential home buyers now start their search for a new home on the internet. Better looking photos mean more potential buyers may be interested in spending their time to see your home. Don't waste the opportunity the first open house presents by allowing prospective buyers see your home when it has not been prepared to show at its best. The first open house usually generates the most interest and has the most showings. Make sure you are making your best first impression when it really counts.
How do we get started?
Call us to arrange an appointment for an estimate.
• We will make an appointment to see your home, make notes and take photographs.
• We will then prepare an estimate, which will be emailed to you or your Listing Agent, usually within 2 business days.
• Once you accept our estimate we will email you a contract. Upon receiving a signed contract and deposit check from you we will begin to prepare for your staging by selecting the perfect furniture and accessories to enhance your home.
• On the scheduled staging day we show up at a pre-arranged time to install the furniture and accessories that will make you home look picture perfect.